March 15, 2017
The Muscota Spring Gala & Auction is now only three weeks away! Get your tickets NOW at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2
First come, first serve… The Muscota PA has a limited amount of FREE tickets to give away to the 2017 Spring Gala & Auction! Please email Nancy at email@example.com to get your FREE tickets to the event. Your ticket includes all food and drinks!
March 10, 2017
March 8, 2017
Sneak Peak at 2017 Auction Items
March 6, 2017
Family Conference Day is Thursday, March 9th!
We will be showing our appreciation for our wonderful teachers and administration by providing them lunch. This is a Muscota tradition and they are always incredibly appreciative. The PA will provide sandwiches and wraps but additional food is welcome, especially salads, side dishes, fruit & veggies, baked goods and snacks. You can sign up here.
Most teachers will eat before conferences begin and dismissal is at 11:35 that day, so please arrive before 11:00am to drop off food. If you cannot make it by that time, snacks and baked goods can be dropped off later in the day. There is no way to reheat food or keep it warm, so please consider bringing items that will keep at room temperature.
Please bear in mind that we are a nut free school and some of the teachers have serious nut allergies, so please take care to ensure that any food you bring is completely nut free. We also ask that you bring a card or post it to be displayed next to your dish listing the ingredients.
March 2, 2017
Regulations state that each year the PA executive board must survey the parent members to determine whether the day and time of the general membership meeting should be changed. Please CLICK HERE to fill out a very quick survey indicating your day and time preference for Muscota Parent’s Association meetings. The survey takes less than 5 seconds to completed! Please complete regardless if you have been attending PA meetings. The goal is to schedule them so that the majority of parents can attend.
Please come this Mon, March 6th from 3:00-5:00 in the Performing Arts Room (#305) to help put together a few costumes for the upcoming 1st -3rd grade dance concert! It will mostly involve painting with fabric paint and stencils. VERY SIMPLE, yet it takes a bit of time so the more hands the better. You are welcome to bring your Muscota student to help as well. Thanks again!!
PARENT TALENT SHOW POSTPONED TO NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
- SCIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING 3/8 @ 8:30AM
- PA EXEC MEETING: Tomorrow, March 3 at 7:30AM
- PA MEETING: Friday, March 17 at 8:30am
February 17, 2017
Hi Muscota Parents,
Wishing everyone a wonderful winter break next week! Please use the week as a time to try to secure ONE great item for our upcoming Muscota Spring Gala & Auction on April 1st! The more auction items we have for our event, the MORE MONEY we raise for our school!
What makes a great auction item? Almost anything!
- Vacation homes and weekend cabins and getaways
- Gift certificates to everything: local restaurants, haircuts, spa services, camps, classes, professional services, and birthday parties
- Tickets for sporting events, concerts, theater, opera, and dance performances
- Anything that YOU can teach or offer— photography, cooking, knitting, dancing, home organization, resume writing
How to get auction items:
Ask friends or family if they would like to contribute items to our Muscota auction, or go to a specific business that you patronize to ask for a donation (Do you stop at the same place every day for your coffee? Go to the same salon every time you get a manicure? Ask these businesses if they would give a gift certificate for our Muscota event!)
- Give the potential donor a copy of the “Dear Friend” letter, attached here.
- Give potential donors a copy of the Donation Agreement Form, attached here, and ask them to fill it out.
And don’t forget to SAVE the DATE of APRIL 1st, 2017 for the Muscota Spring Gala & Auction!
Information on how to purchase tickets to the Spring Gala & Auction coming soon!
February 13, 2017
NEXT PA MEETING:
Friday, January 20 at 8:30am
MUSCOTA PARENT/TEACHER TALENT SHOW
CALL FOR PERFORMERS!
A fundraiser for Bard Club, Arts, Field Trips, Music and Dance
Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. – Muscota Auditorium
We are looking for parents and teachers to share their talents with the Muscota community during this fun evening of song, dance, and theater. Solos, duets, ensembles are welcome! All Grated talents can join in the fun! Parent/Teacher house band with bandleader Dan!! There are also opportunities to participate in the following organized acts (no previous training necessary!): Drama Sketch, Pop Choir, Improv, Dance (guest choreographer, Tom Gold)!
If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15th!!
2017 Muscota Spring Gala
The Muscota Spring Gala and Auction, hosted by the Muscota Parents’ Association, is our biggest fundraising event of the school year and it takes ALL parents’ participation to truly make it a successful night! Mark your calendars with the tentative date for the Spring Gala & Auction on Saturday evening, April 1st!
We are looking for at least 2 new parents to join the auction planning committee, ideally K-2 parents who can commit each year but all are welcome. If you are interested in being part of the auction planning committee or for any questions, please contact: Nancy Fiaschetti, email@example.com
What are some of your favorite elements of Muscota? Maybe it’s:
- The Drama program and BARD
- The community feeling of the school
- Family Science Nights
These are all things that you, as a parent, have made possible.
We hope that every parent will consider giving to help continue and further the enrichment programs at Muscota.
It’s very easy to do. Just click here.
Some examples of the impact you can create:
- $45 helps fund your child’s SPARK session
- $50 supports classroom teachers with extra supplies
- $75 pays for your child to attend a live performance with his or her class
- $100 supports Journalism Club
- $250 pays for your child’s classroom’s science kit
- Any amount, large or small, makes a big difference.
Thank you! You make it happen!
Muscota PA Executive Board
PS: Don’t forget that your donation is tax deductible and that many employers will match your donation.
And please forward this to friends and family to widen the support for Muscota.
Here are some additional ways to support Muscota this holiday season through shopping!
- Use our Goodsearch partnership for your online shopping. Go to goodsearch.com and enter Muscota New School as your chosen charity. Then use either goodsearch.com or the downloadable toolbar to do your web searching, or shop online through goodshop.com. Every search and every purchase earns money for Muscota.
- For those of you who do a lot of shopping on Amazon, you can reach the site through Goodsearch…but if you forgot, there’s still a way to donate – select Muscota New School as your charity on smile.amazon.com. A percentage of each purchase will go to the school.
Remember to use these sites for your online shopping all year – the results are extremely valuable for our school (and our children!).
Please note that there were 3 resignations from the PA Executive Board in October.
All mandatory positions were filled by succession per the bylaws.
Mad Hatters Ball
Saturday, October 29
5:00 – 8:00pm
Mad Hatter’s Ball is a long-standing annual tradition and PA fundraiser. Families are invited to put on crazy hats, costumes, and their dancing shoes!
DJ music, games and prizes, face painting, photo booth, a kids’ nail salon, crafts and more! Food and merchandise are also available for sale.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED >> CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Clip/Collect and Send in your Box Tops!
Since we started collecting, our school has raised over $3700 thanks to those little $.10 boxes! We are off to a great start this year with $233 already accumulated. Keep it coming!
Simply clip and put them in a ziptop bag and label it box tops and put it in your child’s homework folder or drop them off in the gold box located on the 3rd floor main office above the sink
October 20 @ 6:00pm
PA Exec Board Meetings
All Parents can observe. Held at 8am in the Library:
Looking to Get Involved???
In our monthly newsletter, we will feature upcoming opportunities to be involved in the school as well as events you won’t want to miss.
Hello from the 2016 PA Executive Board. We hope everyone is enjoying their summer!At Muscota, school supplies for the entire school community are purchased by both the school and the parents. The school’s supply budget is used to purchase new text books for every child, K/1 dry erase boards, take-home reading bags, etc. Parents are asked to help supplement the supplies that the school provides.Some of the great benefits of buying school supplies as a community are:
- Savings with bulk purchasing
- High quality supplies
- Ensures that our classrooms receive the appropriate supplies for project-based learning
- Supports development of our community and consistency in our classrooms
- EVERYONE can go enjoy another afternoon in the park instead of shopping for school supplies!!In preparation for the 2016-2017 school year, all school supplies left from last year have been inventoried and the supplies needed are listed in a wish list onAmazon. The supplies are listed in order of priority, however, all supplies are needed.We would like to ensure that every classroom is fully equipped with the:
- Paper, folders and notebooks they need for their academic pursuits
- Crayons, markers and paints for their artistic vision
- Construction paper, glue, tape and craft supplies for choice timeWe also want to make sure we have a plentiful supply of paper towels and other supplies for every classroom, so our teachers don’t have to reach into their own pocket to purchase them. Please join the parent community in providing these school supplies!Instructions to Purchase from Muscota Back to School 2016 Wish List:
- Go to smile.amazon.com to log into your Amazon account and select Muscota Parents Association Inc as your charity
- Select the Lists drop down on the upper right corner of the page and select “Find a List or Registry”
- Type Muscota in the search field and hit search
- Shop from the Muscota Back to school 2016 wish list by adding the items you wish to purchase to your Cart
- When completing checkout, please select “Muscota New School Parents’ Association” as the ship to address. The supplies will automatically get sent to the school and distributed to the classrooms.Please complete your purchase by August 15, so they will arrive before the school closes for summer.——
Hola de parte de la Asociación de Padres del 2016. Esperamos que todo el mundo este disfrutando de su verano!
En Muscota, los útiles escolares son para toda la comunidad escolar, son comprados por la escuela y los padres. El presupuesto de la escuela se usa para comprar nuevos libros de texto para todos los niños, K / 1 pizarras blancas, bolsas de lectura para llevar a casa, etc. Los padres deben ayudar a complementar los suministros que ofrece la escuela.
Algunos de los grandes beneficios de la compra de útiles escolares como una comunidad son:
- Ahorros en la compra de
- materiales de alta calidad
- Nos aseguramos de que nuestras aulas reciban los suministros adecuados para el aprendizaje basado en proyectos
- Apoya el desarrollo de nuestra comunidad y la coherencia en nuestras aulas
- Todo el mundo puede ir a disfrutar de otra tarde en el parque en lugar de ir comprar útiles escolares !En preparación para el año escolar 2016-2017,se ha hecho un inventario de todos los útiles escolares que quedan del año pasado están enumerados en una lista de deseos en Amazon. Los suministros se enumeran en orden de prioridad, sin embargo, se necesitan todos los suministros.
Nos gustaría asegurar que todas las aulas esten equipados con:Papel, carpetas y cuadernos que necesitan para su desarrollo academico, Crayolas, marcadores y pinturas papel deConstruction, pegamento, cinta adhesive .También quieren asegurarse de que tenemos un suministro abundante de toallas de papel y otros materiales de construcción para todas las aulas, para que nuestros maestros no tengan la necesidad de poner dineri de su bolsillo para comprarlos. Por favor unirse a la comunidad de padres para recaudar estos útiles escolares!
Instrucciones para la compra de utiles escolares de Muscota 2016:
- Ir a smile.amazon.com para acceder a su cuenta de Amazon y seleccione Asociación de Padres Muscota Inc como su caridad
- Seleccione las listas desplegables en la esquina superior derecha de la página y seleccione “Buscar una lista o registro”
- Escriba Muscota en el campo de búsqueda y seleccionar buscar
- Comprar donde dice Muscota 2016 lista de útiles escolares y agrege los artículos que desea comprar a la canasta.
- Al completar la comprobación, por favor seleccione “Asociación de Padres de Muscota ‘”, como dirección de entrega. Los suministros serán automáticamente enviadas a la escuela y se distribuye a las aulas.Por favor, comprar sus útiles escolares antes del 15 de agosto, así podran llegar antes de que las clases de verano termine .