Dear Families, Queridas familias,
Well, so much for cooler weather…
We hope that your week is going well. Thank you for bearing with us as we fine-tune our communications to match our rhyming “Tuesday Newsday” goal.
With that in mind, let’s get into things:
1. We are still looking for Spanish translators to translate 1-2 communications per month! If you are interested in helping, please email MuscotaPA@muscota.org (please note the correction from last week’s email – @google.com is not the correct appendage for PA Board emails – we are very sorry for any confusion!).
2. Mad Hatter’s Ball (October 28th) preparations are well underway, and as this is a lovely and complex and EXCITING event, it gets sub-headers!:
– Check out Mad Hatters Flyer!
Dear Muscota Families, Queridas familias,
Happy October from your PA Board!
We hope that you are enjoying the more seasonally-appropriate weather this week, and that the need for jackets and hats is a welcome change from our unseasonably hot September!
As we move into our first full month of school, we wanted to share with you the following updates & announcements:
1. September PA Meeting update – The PA (of which all families are members!) met on Friday, September 29th at 8:30 AM. Among the topics covered were fundraising to support Chess & Coding Clubs as well as the budget changes the administration is experiencing due to the funding of a second 5th grade classroom. School supplies and planned expenditures were also discussed. Minutes from past meeting can be found online at muscota.org/minutes-bylaws/.
2. The next PA Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18th at 6:30 PM. Please note the alternating morning/evening meeting times; this is an effort to accommodate as many families’ schedules as possible. We hope to see you there!
3. Spanish Translators (desperately) Needed! In an effort to reach as many families in our community as possible, the PA is committed to disseminating information in both Spanish & English. However, we need your help! If you are willing to edit and/or proofread one or two PA communications each month (that have been roughly translated into Spanish), please contact email@example.com. Thank you!
Dear Muscota Families! Estimadas familias de Muscota!
We hope you are excitedly counting down the days to the beginning of school!
As you know, the PA has organized the purchase of school supplies (to make your and the teacher’s lives a little easier) – so don’t forget to contribute to our school supplies fund in your preparations for the school year!
Thank you to those families who have already done so – we have collected nearly half of the money that we need – but we need EVERYONE’S help!
March 15, 2017
The Muscota Spring Gala & Auction is now only three weeks away! Get your tickets NOW at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2
First come, first serve… The Muscota PA has a limited amount of FREE tickets to give away to the 2017 Spring Gala & Auction! Please email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your FREE tickets to the event. Your ticket includes all food and drinks!
March 10, 2017
March 8, 2017
Sneak Peak at 2017 Auction Items
March 6, 2017
Family Conference Day is Thursday, March 9th!
We will be showing our appreciation for our wonderful teachers and administration by providing them lunch. This is a Muscota tradition and they are always incredibly appreciative. The PA will provide sandwiches and wraps but additional food is welcome, especially salads, side dishes, fruit & veggies, baked goods and snacks. You can sign up here.
Most teachers will eat before conferences begin and dismissal is at 11:35 that day, so please arrive before 11:00am to drop off food. If you cannot make it by that time, snacks and baked goods can be dropped off later in the day. There is no way to reheat food or keep it warm, so please consider bringing items that will keep at room temperature.
Please bear in mind that we are a nut free school and some of the teachers have serious nut allergies, so please take care to ensure that any food you bring is completely nut free. We also ask that you bring a card or post it to be displayed next to your dish listing the ingredients.
March 2, 2017
Regulations state that each year the PA executive board must survey the parent members to determine whether the day and time of the general membership meeting should be changed. Please CLICK HERE to fill out a very quick survey indicating your day and time preference for Muscota Parent’s Association meetings. The survey takes less than 5 seconds to completed! Please complete regardless if you have been attending PA meetings. The goal is to schedule them so that the majority of parents can attend.
Please come this Mon, March 6th from 3:00-5:00 in the Performing Arts Room (#305) to help put together a few costumes for the upcoming 1st -3rd grade dance concert! It will mostly involve painting with fabric paint and stencils. VERY SIMPLE, yet it takes a bit of time so the more hands the better. You are welcome to bring your Muscota student to help as well. Thanks again!!
PARENT TALENT SHOW POSTPONED TO NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
- SCIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING 3/8 @ 8:30AM
- PA EXEC MEETING: Tomorrow, March 3 at 7:30AM
- PA MEETING: Friday, March 17 at 8:30am
February 17, 2017
Hi Muscota Parents,
Wishing everyone a wonderful winter break next week! Please use the week as a time to try to secure ONE great item for our upcoming Muscota Spring Gala & Auction on April 1st! The more auction items we have for our event, the MORE MONEY we raise for our school!
What makes a great auction item? Almost anything!
- Vacation homes and weekend cabins and getaways
- Gift certificates to everything: local restaurants, haircuts, spa services, camps, classes, professional services, and birthday parties
- Tickets for sporting events, concerts, theater, opera, and dance performances
- Anything that YOU can teach or offer— photography, cooking, knitting, dancing, home organization, resume writing
How to get auction items:
Ask friends or family if they would like to contribute items to our Muscota auction, or go to a specific business that you patronize to ask for a donation (Do you stop at the same place every day for your coffee? Go to the same salon every time you get a manicure? Ask these businesses if they would give a gift certificate for our Muscota event!)
- Give the potential donor a copy of the “Dear Friend” letter, attached here.
- Give potential donors a copy of the Donation Agreement Form, attached here, and ask them to fill it out.
And don’t forget to SAVE the DATE of APRIL 1st, 2017 for the Muscota Spring Gala & Auction!
Information on how to purchase tickets to the Spring Gala & Auction coming soon!
February 13, 2017
NEXT PA MEETING:
Friday, January 20 at 8:30am
MUSCOTA PARENT/TEACHER TALENT SHOW
CALL FOR PERFORMERS!
A fundraiser for Bard Club, Arts, Field Trips, Music and Dance
Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. – Muscota Auditorium
We are looking for parents and teachers to share their talents with the Muscota community during this fun evening of song, dance, and theater. Solos, duets, ensembles are welcome! All Grated talents can join in the fun! Parent/Teacher house band with bandleader Dan!! There are also opportunities to participate in the following organized acts (no previous training necessary!): Drama Sketch, Pop Choir, Improv, Dance (guest choreographer, Tom Gold)!
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com by February 15th!!
2017 Muscota Spring Gala
The Muscota Spring Gala and Auction, hosted by the Muscota Parents’ Association, is our biggest fundraising event of the school year and it takes ALL parents’ participation to truly make it a successful night! Mark your calendars with the tentative date for the Spring Gala & Auction on Saturday evening, April 1st!
We are looking for at least 2 new parents to join the auction planning committee, ideally K-2 parents who can commit each year but all are welcome. If you are interested in being part of the auction planning committee or for any questions, please contact: Nancy Fiaschetti, firstname.lastname@example.org