To subscribe/unsubscribe to a group, please go to http://tinyurl.com/muscotaemail
DANCE – Mark your calendars for the upcoming 1st-3rd Grade performance on March 16 at 9:15am. Be on the look-out for a costume construction “party” date later in February. We also need a videographer for the show. If interested, please contact Fran Rosales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There was a very productive wellness meeting on Feb 1st with Alli, Hanin, Tom Shamy, and Hector Carrasco from CHALK. We discussed bringing in a physical education specialist to help train our teachers in gym activities.
The new water jet has arrived!
- Chocolate milk has been removed from lunch (for Muscota only)
- Lunch room volunteer coordinator needed
- The 3rd and 4th grade recorder curriculum will begin soon (representatives from Carnegie hall will be coming to visit on February 1st to observe one of our recorder classes!) and the guitar curriculum with the 5th grade. The younger students will be starting a unit called, “Music and Storytelling” this week
- Coming up on February 3rd is our full-school trip to Jazz at Lincoln Center’s “Who is Louis Armstrong?” show during the day, followed by the student talent show at night.
Mark Your Calendars: Family Science Night “Climate” on Wednesday, April 5th.
- In the Works: Stay tuned for volunteer opportunities for parents and students to get involved in the following:
- Planning has begun for our community outreach day at Muscota Marsh, funded by Partnership for the Parks.
- We have been granted a planting bed at Sherman Creek for the spring and will establish an after school botanical club that would spend some time getting their hands dirty. Muscota classes will hopefully have a chance to spend some time digging and harvesting!
- After school Coding Club – It will start with a small launch this year and expand in the 2017-18 school year. Thank you to Amy Kraft for her talent and time!
Questions – Contact Jackie Parrott>> email@example.com